- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 servings ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoons:minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons:minced onion
- 1 teaspoon:olive oil
- 1 tablespoon:butter
- 4 large:baking potatoes (2-1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup:sour cream
- 1/2 lb. (8 oz.):Processed cheese cut up, divided
- 1/4 cup:grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Using a fork prick the potatoes in several places to allow the steam to escape. Bake the potatoes for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile saute the garlic and onion in the olive oil and butter until it is soft and lightly golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350. Cut small slice off both ends of each potato. Cut potatoes crosswise in half.
- Scoop out centers, leaving 1/8-inch-thick shells. Place the potato flesh in medium bowl; mash it.
- Place the cooked garlic and onion in the bowl with the mashed potatoes. Add the sour cream, three-fourths of the processed cheese and the Parmesan cheese; beat until fluffy.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the potato shells, mounding. Use all the filling. Place the filled potatoes in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then top with the remaining processed cheese. Bake an additional 5 min. or until Processed cheese is melted. Serves 8.