- 12-8 ServingsServings
- 3 potatoes
- 2 teaspoons Salt, divided
- 2 quarts Water, for boiling
- 1 - 14 ounce Can Stewed Tomato, chopped with juice
- 1/2 cup Olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Scallion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Pitted Kalamata Olives, halved
- 1/4 cup Capers, drained
- 1/4 cup Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded or shaved
1 Place the Potatoes in a large saucepan with 2 quarts cold water and 1 teaspoon salt.
2 Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and cool.
3 In a mixing bowl pour the Tomato & Tomato Juice and ¼ cup (half) of the Olive Oil along with minced Garlic Clove, Salt, & Pepper slightly marinate and grill Potato & Tomato.
4 The side may be served hot or cold.
5 Once either cool or hot, mix with Onion, Celery, remaining ¼ cup Olive Oil, Balsamic vinegar, Capers, and Kalamata Olives.
6 Once plated or in serving tray, sprinkle with Italian Parsley and or Parmesan Cheese.
Source: California Olive