- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 can (15½ oz) low-sodium chickpeas (or garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 C cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, minced (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- ? tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt-free seasoning blend
- 4 whole inner leaves of romaine lettuce, rinsed and dried
1 In a large salad bowl, combine beans and tomatoes.
2 In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, oregano, pepper, and salt-free seasoning blend. Using a wire whisk, beat the ingredients until they blend into one thick sauce at the point where the oil and vinegar no longer separate.
3 Pour the dressing over the beans and tomatoes, and mix gently to coat.
4 Line four salad bowls with one romaine lettuce leaf each.
5 Top each leaf with one-fourth of the bean mixture, and serve.