- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup:butter
- 1 teaspoon:vanilla extract
- 1 cup:confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups:all-purpose flour
- 2 egg:whites
- 1 cup:chopped pecans 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup:chocolate coating wafers, melted
- Preheat oven to 325. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla, then the flour.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, roll the balls in the egg whites, and then roll them in the chopped pecans.
- Place the cookies 1 1/2 inches apart on an unprepared cookie sheet. Using your finger, make an indention in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned.
- When the cookies come out of the oven fill the indention with the caramel filling, and let cool.
- Pour about 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of chocolate over each cookie to cover the caramel center.
- Let stand until chocolate is set. Makes 24 cookies