I like to add veggies to the main dish instead of as a side to ensure that kids will eat them. In this recipe for turkey-veggie meatballs I add a lot of veggies to the meatballs and everyone loves them.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 20 ounces ground turkey
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Panko
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or use a lightly oiled cookie sheet).
2. Place the turkey, onion, carrot, spinach, eggs, parsley, bread crumbs and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Gently mix the ingredients to distribute them evenly. Shape the mixture into meatballs about 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
3. Roll the meatballs in the Panko.
4. Place the meatballs onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through.