A tangy flavored sauce to serve with turkey makes for a tender bird. Can be done with thighs or drumsticks.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 turkey thighs (or drumsticks), 2 - 3 pounds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a 9 X 13 glass baking dish, place turkey thighs skin side up.
2. Sprinkle with paprika and arrange onion slices over turkey.
3. In a small bowl, combine orange juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger and parsley; mix well. Pour sauce evenly over turkey; cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours until thighs are tender and juices run clear when tested with a knife.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.