From a hearty weekday meal to an elegant starter. This turkey can multi-task!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (14.5-ounce)
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, onion, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Form into 1-inch balls, rolling between the palms of your hands.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium- high heat. Cook meatballs 12 to 15 minutes, or until browned on all sides.
- Add tomatoes with liquid and bring to a simmer. Cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until meatballs absorb some of the sauce.
MAKE IT A MEAL: Serve over a short pasta, such as bowtie or penne.
DRESS IT UP: Instead of rolling the meat into balls, deconstruct your meatballs, and serve the filling in beautiful Boston lettuce cups. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until nicely browned, breaking up into smaller pieces with a spoon. Add onion and garlic and cook 5 minutes more. Add drained tomatoes and cook 5 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from heat, stir in parsley, salt, and pepper to taste. Place about ¼ to ½ cup filling in each of 4 lettuce cups. Note: this preparation serves 4.