Make these savory latkes that eat like a meal for the 2nd night of Chanukah with your leftover Thanksgiving turkey. The perfect Chanukah/Thanksgiving idea for leftovers, you might just decide to make a Chanukah turkey next year.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- About 10 latkesServings
- 3 large potatoes
- Oil for frying
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Manischewitz Matzoh Meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Kosher salt
- White pepper
- 1/4 pound roast turkey, shredded
- Black Pepper Gravy
1. Prepare a large bowl filled with cold water.
Peel potatoes, and as you finish each, place in cold water to prevent browning.
2. Pour oil about 1/4 way up the side of a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
3. Grate potatoes on the large hole side of a box grater. Alternatively, cut potatoes lengthwise into halves or quarters so they fit into food processor feed tube. Process potatoes using the blade that creates thin, shoestring-like strips and transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add onions, egg, Manischewitz Matzoh Meal, baking powder, salt and pepper to taste and mix well. Add shredded turkey and mix well until combined.
4. Drop heaping tablespoons of mixture into hot oil. Using the back of a spoon, pat down each latke to flatten it. Put as many as you can in the skillet without crowding. Putting them too close together will make them soggy.
5. Fry 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden and crisp around the edges; repeat procedure until finished with all the batter.
6. Drain on paper towel lined baking sheets.
Serve warm with Black Pepper Gravy.