Lighten up your traditional hamburger with lean ground turkey—less saturated fat, without less flavor
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
For Turkey Burger:
- 12 ounce 99% fat-free ground turkey
- ½ cup scallion, rinsed and sliced (green onions)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepepr
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 ounce spinach or arugula, rinsed and dried
- 4 ounce portabella mushroom, rinsed, grilled or broiled, and sliced (optional)
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Preheat oven broiler on high temperature (with the rack 3 inches from heat source) or grill on medium-high heat.
- To prepare burgers, combine ground turkey, scallions, pepper, and egg, and mix well. Form into ½- to ¾-inch thick patties, and coat each lightly with olive oil.
- Broil or grill burgers for about 7–9 minutes on each side (to a minimum internal temperature of 160 °F).
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard to make a spread.
- Assemble ¾ tablespoon spread, 1 ounce spinach or arugula, several slices of grilled portabella mushroom (optional), and one burger on each bun.