Tuna, chick peas, dill and capers combine for this unique mayonnaise-free salad. It's a nice change from traditional tuna salads. It's also a make-ahead dish—the flavors taste even better the next day.
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon ustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar; or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 small celery rib, chopped
- 2-3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can chick peas, rinsed and drained well (15-ounce)
- 1 can solid white tuna, drained and flaked (6-ounce)
- 1 tablespoon:capers
- Combine oil, vinegar, dill, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a large salad bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss well to mix. Serve at room temperature.