My mom has been making this recipe for years. Its almost as easy and quick as putting together a tuna sandwich. It's kid friendly, delicious and filling. We serve it for lunch with a fresh salad. For a nice presentation bake them in little ramekins or mini pie dishes. Enjoy!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6-8 ServingsServings
- 2 can Tuna preferably albacore
- 4 Hard Boiled eggs peeled
- 2 Stalks Celery small dice
- 1 Scallion diced
- 10-12 Green olives chopped
- 1 cup Chopped matzah about 2 3/4 of square matzah
- 3/4 cup Boiling water
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup TempTee Cream Cheese
- 4 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- dash black pepper
- 1 cup Shredded Mozarella Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grate or finely chop hard-boiled eggs into a medium sized mixed bowl.
3. Strain as much liquid as you can from the tuna cans and combine it to the bowl with the eggs.
4. Break up the matzah into a small bowl, and pour the boiling water on top. Let the matzah soak for about two minutes.
5. Add chopped celery, scallions, olives, sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, soaked matzah, salt and pepper to the tuna mixture. Add half of the shredded cheese and mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
6. Transfer to an 8-inch pie pan or aluminum tray.
7. Sprinkle the reserved shredded cheese on top of the pie.
8. Bake covered for about 30 minutes.
9. Remove pie from the oven, and uncover. Turn the oven up to 425 degrees. Return pie to the oven and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the cheese lightly browned.