The jicama and red cabbage salad bring the ultimate crunch factor that balances with the creamy avocado dressing and seared tuna.
To make kosher for Passover and gluten free raw 'tacos' use a mandolin to give you super-thin slices of jicama.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
2 Sushi Grade tuna steaks
Extra virgin olive oil
Red Cabbage Slaw
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups shredded red cabbage
1/2 cup diced pineapple
1/3 cup chopped scallions
1 ripe avocado
1/3 cup mayonnaise
Juice of 1 lime
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon honey
1/3 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper
1 large jicama
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Garnish: radishes, microgreens, and lime wedges
1. Add evoo to a non-stick pan, and sear tuna for 3 minutes on one side, and 2 minutes on the other.
2. Remove from pan, allow to cool and slice into thin slices.
RED CABBAGE SLAW
1. In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, honey, and evoo.
2. Add red cabbage, scallions, and pineapple and mix together.
3. Cover and set aside.
1. In a blender or food processor, pulse together avocado, mayonnaise, garlic, honey, cilantro, cumin, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
2. Transfer to a small bowl.
1. Using a mandolin, thinly slice the jicama.
2. To assemble tacos, take a slice of jicama and add tuna and red cabbage slaw. Top with a drizzle of avocado aioli. Garnish with radishes, microgreens, and lime wedges and serve.