- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (8-ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons good-quality liqueur
Additional flavor options:
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon granulated coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 4 teaspoon grounded roasted hazelnuts
- 4 teaspoon grounded roasted pistachios
- ¼ cup grounded frozen or fresh berries
1. Prepare the basic mixture. Melt chocolate and margarine in the microwave. Add non-dairy whipped topping and beat with a handheld whisk until a smooth and shiny cream forms. Add liqueur or any desired additional flavor.
2. Let mixture set at room temperature until it is thick enough to pipe little lumps onto parchment paper. Pipe lumps onto parchment paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes to set. Gently roll each lump into a round ball with your hands (I do it with gloves).
3. To decorate, roll each truffle in cocoa powder or melt 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate with 3 tablespoons oil. Spoon the chocolate over the truffles to coat.