Do not wash the mushrooms under running water. The mushrooms will absorb the water, affecting the flavor of the dip. Instead, wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth to remove the dirt.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/4 cupsServings
- 12 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced (baby bella, cremini, portobello)
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼-½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of fresh pepper
- ½ sprig of fresh thyme
- ⅓ teaspoon + ½ teaspoon truffle oil, divided
- ½ cup mayonnaise
1. In a medium-sized skillet, sauté shallots in vegetable oil for 3-5 minutes, over medium heat, until translucent. Add the minced garlic, and sauté for another minute, or until fragrant. Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté 7-9 minutes, until they begin to soften. Add the salt, pepper, thyme and 1/3 teaspoon truffle oil and saute another minute. Remove the skillet from the heat and allow the mushrooms to cool down.
2. In a food processor, add the cooled mushrooms, the mayonnaise, and ½ teaspoon truffle oil. Blend the mixture until it reaches the consistency you desire.
Can be served warm or cold.
Recipe originally published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW