- Prep Time
- 1 ServingsServings
- 1 (6-ounce) container low-fat or fat-free flavored yogurt
- 1/2 cup sliced fruit
- 1/3 cup Tropical Granola (recipe below)Tropical Granola
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons wheat germ (optional)
1 Layer yogurt, fruit and granola in a juice glass. Try a combination of: pineapple yogurt with sliced mango or kiwi, lemon or peach yogurt with berries, vanilla yogurt with sliced bananas
1 Preheat oven to 300°F. Combine oil, brown sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl, mixing until smooth. Stir in oats. Transfer mixture to a baking dish and bake 15 minutes.
2 Stir in almonds, coconut and wheat germ if desired, and bake 15 to 20 minutes more, until almonds and coconut are golden and fragrant.
3 Cool and serve, or store airtight up to 1 week.
Source: Almond Board of California