- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar, 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons cake flour (or 2 cups all-purpose flour)
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 - 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, not drained
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 3/4 Cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Topping:1 - 3.4 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese (1/3 less fat)
- 1 - 8 ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- sweetened flaked coconut, chopped cashews
1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
2 In a large bowl, mix sugar, soda and flour by hand. Stir in eggs, vanilla and pineapple with juice. Add cashews and coconut.
3 Pour into 9-inch by 13-inch pan coated with non-stick spray. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool
4 For topping, prepare pudding as instructed on package and set aside. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and mix in prepared pudding.
5 Fold in the whipped topping and spread over cooled cake. Sprinkle top with coconut and chopped cashews; refrigerate.
Source: Wheat Foods Council