These cookies double as a fun-filled family activity and decadent dessert.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 chocolate cream sandwich cookies
- 1.5 ounce can of Edible Gold Spray
- 10 ounces good quality chocolate (we used bittersweet Swiss chocolate)
- 12 medium size chocolate coins, a bit smaller then the diameter of the sandwich cookies
Unwrap chocolate coins, i.e., chocolate gelt.
Spray chocolate coins with gold food spray. Set aside.
Place chocolate in microwave safe bowl.
Melt chocolate in microwave in thirty second intervals.
Line a platter with parchment paper.
Dip sandwich cookie into melted chocolate. Place chocolate dipped cookies on parchment lined platter.
Top cookies with gold chocolate coins.
Place in the freezer for fifteen minutes so chocolate can set and harden.
Store in covered container at room temperature for two days or freeze for a month.
1. Double or triple the recipe to make as many cookies as you need.
2. Use any chocolate you prefer. Milk chocolate, white chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate all work.
3. Use candy melt chocolates for multi-colored cookies.
4. Edible food spray is available at any local baking-goods store or on websites like Amazon and Walmart, under the Wilton brand and is kosher certified under the OU.
5. Omit the edible spray if you can't find it.