Vegetarian tortilla soup with cheese and avocado and tortilla chips, pure yummy comfort.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 8 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon parve chicken-flavored consomme powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 (15 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Diced Avocado
- Chopped Cilantro
- sour cream
- Hot sauce
1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Saute the diced onions, and garlic until translucent.
2 # Add the tomatoes, water, and spices. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer for 30 minutes.
3 # Remove the bay leaves. Add the corn and beans and simmer for another 5 minutes.
4 Garnish the soup with the toppings of your choice.