- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 5 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp. minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1-1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oilSalad
- 1 pkg. (16 ounces) fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 c. sliced celery cut from tender inner stalks
- 1/2 c. California golden raisins
- 2 large fresh, ripe peaches
2 In a blender, combine all the ingredients except the oils. Process on medium-high speed until smooth.
3 Scrape down the sides as necessary
4 With the speed reduced to medium-low, add the oils in a steady stream. Process until smooth. Set aside.
6 Cook the tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
7 Shake dry and place in a mixing bowl. Toss with oil to prevent sticking. Mix in parsley, celery and raisins. Peel the peaches and cut into chunks slighly smaller than the tortellini.
8 Add to the salad and toss with the dressing. Salt and pepper to taste.
9 Place a piece of plastic wrap against the salad to help keep the peaches from browning.
10 Refrigerate for a few hours. Remove from the refrigerator about 20 minutes before serving.
Source: Chef Roy Harland and California Raisin Marketing Board