This salad is delightfully fragrant, colorful and refreshing. If you must make it ahead of time, make it without the tomatoes (up to two days ahead), then add the tomatoes before serving. Please do not use grape or vine tomatoes, as they are too juicy and not meaty enough for this dish, and save them for other salad dishes.
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 6-8 plum tomatoes, or 3 beefsteak tomatoes, seeds and juice discarded, cut in small dice
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 6-8 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1 small dill pickle, minced
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, rinsed and minced
- 2 hot pickled peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a bowl, and mix.
Serve at room temperature.
As seen in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine (Bitayavon Spring 2012) – Subscribe Now