Cooking traditional gefilte fish in a pepper tomato sauce makes for a tasty and unique way to serve gefilte fish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 roll prepared gefilte fish defrosted in fridge
- 1 onion
- 1 small red pepper chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 1 clove crushed and chopped garlic
- 1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- 2 cup of boiling hot water
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Sauté onions, pepper and garlic for three minutes in a large frying pan.
While vegetables are sautéing in pan, form gefilte fish into eight medium size patties. Place in baking dish.
Pour tomato paste, water, sugar, black pepper and salt into the frying pan with the vegetables and mix well.
Pour sauce over fish. Cover tightly with foil and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
As seen in the Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine (Bitayavon – Winter 2011) – Subscribe Now