This recipe works well for any roast that benefits from low and slow cooking, such as brisket, French roast, or top of rib beef. To make this in advance, allow ribs to cool at room temperature, then place in a resealable bag or covered container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. Remove from fridge and skim fat off surface. Pour sauce into saucepan, reduce, andplace under a broiler as instructed below.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
4 pounds English cut short ribs
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup sliced onion
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cups cola
2 cups tomato chutney
Radish sprouts, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons evoo in a Dutch oven or ovenproof pot over medium-high heat.
3. Season ribs with salt and pepper, then place in the pot. Sear ribs until browned on all sides. Set aside.
4. Lower heat to medium-low and add onions. Sauté for 10 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and tomato paste. Cook for 5 minutes more until tomato paste starts to brown.
5. Pour in cola to deglaze pot. Increase heat to high. Cook for 5 minutes, then add chutney and stir until fully combined. Turn off heat and add ribs back to the pot. Cover and place in 350°F oven for 2½ hours.
6. Remove from oven; transfer liquid to a separate saucepan and cook for 15 minutes, or until sauce is reduced.
7. Pour sauce over ribs and place under a broiler for 3 to 5 minutes to glaze meat.
8. Serve immediately. Top with radish sprouts, micro herbs, and julienned radishes.