Jamie and Chef Eitan Bernath show you how to make a delicious, easy, and kid-friendly Mother's Day brunch. This Tomato Basil Salad pairs perfectly with our Baked Eggs in Avocado Boats.
This salad also packs well, so you can serve it at your next picnic. Or omit the cheese and serve it at your outdoor barbecue.
- Prep Time
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 to 2 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons evoo
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Slice tomatoes in half and place in a serving bowl.
2. Take 8 to 10 basil leaves and roll them into a cigar shape. Thinly chiffonade or slice into strips. Add to the bowl with the tomatoes.
3. Season with salt, pepper, and drizzle on evoo. Gently stir to combine.
4. Shave or grate Parmesan cheese and add to salad. All salad to sit for 10 minutes to develop flavors. Garnish with additional basil leaves