- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2-3 ServingsServings
- 1/4 cup tomato paste (for sauce)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar (for sauce)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (for sauce)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (for sauce)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (for sauce)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic (for sauce)
- 6 .5 ounces dried rice stick noodles or regular noodles if you cannot find/order one with a hechsher
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound extra-firm tofu, pressed to remove liquid, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 large Eggs, beaten
- 2 scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- green onion, cilantro, chopped roasted peanuts, and lime wedges for serving
1 Mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
2 Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Drop in the rice stick noodles and toss very well with tongs to make sure they don’t stick together. Cook 2 – 3 minutes, or until al dente. Drain thoroughly.
3 Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and allow to brown. Use tongs to flip over each piece individually and brown that side. Remove to plate; set aside.
4 Add a 1/2 tablespoon oil to the pan. Pour in eggs and quickly cook as if you were making scrambled eggs. Once cooked, add the noodles, tofu, and green onions.
5 Pour on sauce and toss to coat. Cook until hot through, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle more green onion, cilantro, and roasted peanuts on top. Serve with lime wedges.