- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 8 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 cup California walnuts, toasted and chopped, for garnish
- whole chives, for garnish
1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or butter an 8-cup ovenproof baking dish; set aside.
2 Using a long sharp knife, remove the corn kernels from the cob. Using the back of the knife, scrape any extra milk from the cob. Place half of the corn in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped; set aside.
3 Heat the oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes
4 Add the whole corn and cook 2 minutes, stirring well as it may stick. Add the pureed corn and cook, stirring, until beginning to thicken, about 2 minutes.
5 Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt, green onions and chives. Add the salt and season to taste with cayenne and black pepper.
6 Pour into the prepared baking dish; bake until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
7 Serve hot garnished with walnuts and whole chives
Source: California Walnut Board