After eating all those hamantassen, followed by a seudah , we crown it all with a twist in the tale. This is a deceiving kind of dessert that fits in well with the Purim theme: what you see is not what you get. But no mask can hide the wonderful and delicious taste sensation you are about to experience.
- 10-12 ServingsServings
- 2 X 29 oz peach halves in syrup
- 2 Tbl white wine vinegar
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 2 X 4 cm piece of fresh ginger peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 fresh red chilli sliced in half and deseeded or 1 tsp dried chilliflakes
- 1 tsp koshering salt (coarse)
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 6 whole cloves
Place all the above ingredients (peaches with syrup) into a saucepan.
Bring to the boil, then immediately turn off heat. Place a lid on top of the saucepan and allow them to cool.
Transfer to a glass bowl and refrigerate.
Serve chilled with vanilla ice cream.