The classic sweet cheese noodle kugel made easier...with a few pulses of the food processor.
Make quick work of the topping by pulsing cornflake cereal in the food processor for a couple of seconds.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12-ounce package wide egg noodles or homemade pasta
- 4 ounces (1 cup) grated cheddar cheese, chilled
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 3 eggs or 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup 1% cottage cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup cornflake cereal crumbs
- Ground cinnamon
- Garnish: sour cream, strawberries, and blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9- x 13-inch casserole pan with cooking spray.
2. Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse well. Return noodles to pot.
3. In a food processor or blender, add cream cheese and eggs, pulse for 10 seconds, then scrape down the sides of the bowl. Pulse 10 seconds more, or until smooth.
4. Add cheese, milk, sour cream, sugar, cottage cheese, margarine, and salt in the pot with the noodles. Mix well.
5. Pour noodle mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle corn flakes and cinnamon over the top. Bake in 350°F oven for 1 hour, until golden. Cool slightly and serve topped with sour cream, blueberries, and strawberries.