This three bean salad enhances the flavors of kidney, garbanzo, and green beans with a simple salad dressing that is easy to throw together after Yom Kippur as part of your break-the-fast menu.
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1.2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into bite-seized pieces
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can green beans, rinsed and drained
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together mustard, sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
2. In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, onions, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, and green beans. Toss with dressing.
3. Let sit for 1/2 hour before serving so the flavors meld.