This three bean pasta can be a side dish to chicken or meat or a main dish for a light lunch, served with baguettes or Italian rolls. Quick, versatile, easy to make and great to eat.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound medium or wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse under cold water and drain again.
2 In a large bowl, stir together the pasta, kidney beans, chickpeas, green beans, onion and bell pepper
1 In a small bowl, stir together Dijon mustard, oil, vinegar, and parsely.
2 Toss pasta with dressing and serve.
Source: National Pasta Association