Using three different type of beans, check out this minestrone soup recipe that you will love.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup cooked (or canned, drained & rinsed) white kidney, cannellini or Great Northern beans
- 1 cup cooked (or canned, drained & rinsed) pinto beans
- 8 cups Water
- Rind from a small piece of Parmigiano-Reggiano (optional)
- 1 cup Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 medium red tomatoes, diced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated
1 In a large stock pot over low heat, combine the olive oil and onions.
2 Sweat the onions until wilted and soft, about 10 minutes. Add carrots and cook 3 minutes
3 Add celery, beans, water, and Parmigiano rind and cook for about 20 minutes.
4 Add diced potatoes and zucchini and cook for another 20 minutes.
5 Add tomatoes and their juices, cover, and cook at a low simmer for at least 30 more minutes
6 Add spinach, season with kosher salt and black pepper, and cook 2-3 minutes longer.
7 Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.