This kosher chili is a super easy one-pot meal. Nothing hits the spot like a "bowl of red" when the wind begins to howl.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29-ounce) can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chilies
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cans kidney beans or black beans, drained
1. Sauté beef, onions, peppers and garlic in oil until meat is no longer pink.
2. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 1-1 1/2 hours. Server over rice or with cornbread.
Put lots of toppings on the table—black olives, shredded lettuce, avocado, parve sour cream, tortilla chips, and let every one have fun dressing their own chili.
Serve some extra pickled jalapeño slices on the side for those who like it really spicy!