"I Knead You Smoothie": Using dry bread to thicken soups is an age-old trick; why not apply the same thing to a smoothie? This is a great smoothie for those of you who love a thick smoothie mustache but hate bananas. Feel free to get a little fancy-dancy and spike the smoothie with some white wine or sparkly champagne.
- Prep Time
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, plus more to garnish
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agave or honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups milk (I used skim)
- 1 slice white bread
- Whipped cream
1. Toast the bread until browned and completely crispy (no soft center) but not burnt, about 5-6 minutes depending on your toaster.
2. Set aside to cool.
3. In a blender, place the strawberries, pineapple, mint, lime juice, coconut oil, and agave. Blend until no chunks remain.
4. Carefully add the milk and then allow the blender to run until it is fully integrated.
5. Crumble the bread into “dust” and pour it into the smoothie. Blend to combine.
6. Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream and mint springs.