Thai peanut sauce made easy. The original calls for chicken broth but vegetable broth can be substituted to make a pareve sauce.
- Prep Time
- 1 cupServings
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
1. Warm the chicken broth in a small saucepan and keep warm on low heat.
2. Process the peanut butter, garlic cloves, cilantro and sugar in a blender or food processor. Slowly add the warmed chicken broth and process again.
3. Remove from the blender and stir in soy sauce, and chili powder to taste.
4. Serve peanut sauce with satay and salads, or as an appetizer dip.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.