- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs California lamb, top round
- For the marinade:
- 1/2- cup peanut oil, 1/4-cup honey
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 1/4- cup red chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Fresh ginger, grated
- 1 lb California asparagus
- 1/2- cup purple cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 pkg. rice noodles
- 6 leaves butter lettuce
- 1/2- cup fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 1/2- cup dry-roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2- red bell pepper, julienned
- Salad Dressing:
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1/2- teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 teaspoon. fresh ginger, grated
- 1/3- cup peanut oil
1 For the lamb: Blend together the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl. Marinate lamb for at least 1 hour to overnight.
2 Remove lamb from marinade. Salt and pepper lamb on all sides. Brown lamb on all sides over a pre-heated grill.
3 Finish in a 400° F oven for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees. Let lamb rest for 10 minutes before slicing thin.
4 For the salad: Blanche the asparagus in boiling salted water until tender.
5 Shock in a bowl of cold ice water to chill. Drain on paper towels. Cook rice noodles as directed on package. Rinse in cold water to chill.
6 Toss with a few tablespoons peanut oil to keep from sticking.
7 To assemble, place 1 butter lettuce leaf on a plate. Add a small nest of noodles; top with purple cabbage and red bell pepper.
8 Top with approximately 6 spears of asparagus. Add thinly sliced, room temperature lamb. arnish with chopped peanuts and fresh mint. Drizzle with the dressing.
Source: California Asparagus Commision