This traditional Thai flavorful soup is so good you'll think you're in a restaurant.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 cups chicken soup stock
- 9 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more if desired
- 3/4 cup raw chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 11/2 cup low-fat coconut milk
- 3 cups bean sprouts, plus additional bean sprouts for garnish, optional
- coconut flakes, for garnish, optional
1 Bring chicken soup stock to a boil. Add mushrooms and crushed red pepper flakes, and cook for 2 minutes.
2 In a separate bowl, coat chicken with cornstarch. Add chicken to pot, stir, and cook for another 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and bean sprouts.
3 Heat to just under a boil, to prevent coconut milk from curdling.
4 Serve topped with bean sprouts and coconut flakes, if desired.