Prep everything ahead and even cook the meat the night before serving. Make it a meal by serving with a salad and rice or noodles and veggies.
Avoid overcooking the steak. This shoulder cut is tender and full flavored when served medium-rare or rare.
Serve the meat, thinly sliced with salad, lettuce wraps, rice or Asian noodles and with the remaining marinade drizzled over the top.
Make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and seeded, finely minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) oyster steak (boneless blade steak)
- Whisk together lime zest and juice, ginger, jalapeno, garlic, soy, sugar, evoo, salt and pepper. Rub meat with 2 teaspoons of marinade, reserve the remaining to drizzle over top. Allow meat to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat grill or sauté pan to medium-high.
- Rub grates on grill or lightly coat saute pan with evoo.
- Grill or sear meat on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to rest, loosely tented with foil for 10 minutes. Slice thinly.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.