- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8 servings ServingsServings
- 1 boneless beef brisket, flat cut (about 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wineRub:
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 Combine rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef brisket. Place brisket, fat side up, in stockpot.
2 Combine barbecue sauce and wine in small bowl. Pour around brisket; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until brisket is fork-tender. Remove brisket; keep warm.
3 Skim fat from cooking liquid. Bring cooking liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup sauce, stirring occasionally.
4 Trim fat from brisket. Carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.