Hot or cold, this kugel is delicious. Perfect for summer with big bold flavors and alongside a hot chili style cholent for your new favorite Shabbat lunch.
Make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 large sweet potatoes), shredded
- 2 dozen scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 - 2 tablespoons chili powder (depends on how spicy you like it)
- 2 roasted red peppers (jarred works here), diced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9- x 12-inch casserole dish.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, scallions, garlic, eggs, corn, chili powder, red peppers, flour, evoo, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
2. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until the kugel is browned on top and has set in the center.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.