Change up your mac and cheese with my recipe for with a Mexican flavor. Try wagon wheels or other fun pasta shapes for the kids.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Cooking spray
- 1 (1-pound) box pasta shells
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Spray a 7 x 10-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Cook pasta according to package instructions. In a large bowl, toss pasta with cheeses, salt, pepper, and tomatoes. Spoon into prepared dish. Pour the cream over the pasta mixture. Adjust seasoning, if necessary. Top with Parmesan.
4. Bake for 25 minutes and serve directly from the baking dish with Lemon Butter Broccoli on the side.
Lemon Broccoli Butter
Prepare a 2 pound bag frozen broccoli florets according to package directions. When it is crisp-tender, transfer to a bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon salt and 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon.
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010)