- Prep Time
- 1 serving ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon:olive oil
- 1/4 cup:coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic,:minced, or 1 teaspoon prepared minced garlic
- One 15-ounce can black beans,:drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons:fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon:minced jalapeno chile, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon:ground cumin
- Salt and freshly:ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons coarsely:chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a food processor combine the beans, lime juice, Chile, cumin, salt, pepper.
- Add the onion mixture and processes until smooth. Stir in the cilantro.
- Stir in the cilantro. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Makes 1 cup