This tasty meal is a take on a traditional Vietnamese sandwich and a great way to use leftover beef you grilled the night before. If you don’t have any leftovers, simply grill skirt steak or flank steak marinated in teriyaki sauce and cool completely. This sandwich would be great with rotisserie chicken as well!
- Prep Time
- 2 sandwiches ServingsServings
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon black sesame seeds
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ to 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce depending on desired heat
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 (12-inch) baguette, cut into 2 and split open lengthwise
- ½ pound teriyaki beef, thinly sliced
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 6 sprig fresh cilantro
Using a vegetable peeler, peel cucumber into long ribbons.
Toss with vinegar, sesame oil and soy sauce.
Garnish with sesame seeds and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine shredded carrot, cabbage, rice wine vinegar and salt.
In another small bowl, combine mayonnaise with chili garlic sauce and lime juice.
To assemble sandwich, scoop out a small amount of the bread from inside the roll.
Brush both sides with mayonnaise mixture and then fill with half the sliced beef.
Top with carrot cabbage mixture, sliced radishes and cilantro.
Serve with cucumber salad.