This salad has ten layers in reference to the Ten Commandments, it can be made ahead and is great for any time. You can also swap out any beans for the chickpeas and any veggies you prefer.
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 -4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large can (28 oz.) chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 bunch red radish, diced
- 1 large seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 can or jar Kalamata olives, seedless
- 1 container grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup fresh mint, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup Pine nuts, toasted
1 Place the bulgur in a large salad bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup lemon juice, the olive oil, garlic, and 1 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper; drizzle this dressing over the bulgur.
2 Layer on the onions, celery, chickpeas, radishes, cucumbers, olives, tomatoes and mint. Sprinkle more salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
3 When ready to serve, bring to room temperature and sprinkle on pine nuts.