This recipe came via my Aunt Judi, via my cousin Adina, via her neighbor Tamar. Delicious in the summer or year-round, it's perfect as a dessert after a heavy feast or as a finisher to the meal leading into the Yom Kippur fast.
- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 2 (4.2-ounce) packages of tea biscuits
- 3 pints sorbet in 3 different colors (such as raspberry, mango and coconut), softened
- Strawberry sauce (optional)
- Place layer of tea biscuits in bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan. Spread 1 pint of sorbet over biscuits, to cover completely.
- Alternate layers of biscuits and sorbet, ending with sorbet.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Drizzle with berry sauce over top or around the tower on the plate before serving, if desired.
For a Fourth of July picnic, you might construct a red(raspberry or strawberry), white (coconut) and blue (blueberry) sorbet tower.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER