This recipe for Fish Croquettes calls for cod but if you love salmon or some other fish, go for it! It’ll be just as delish. The perfect appetizer or pass around hors d'oeuvres for a holiday or Summer party. Serve with this spicy flavorful sauce for the most flavor and watch them get gobbled up in no time.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 (1-pound) skinless cod fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon matzo meal
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsely
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon Gold's Wasabi Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoon honey
- In a food processor, pulse cod until finely chopped but not pureed. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, and add egg, onion, matzo meal, parsley, tarragon, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix well to combine. With lightly moistened hands, scoop a heaping tablespoon of mixture and form into 1-inch long oval shapes. Repeat with remaining mixture to form 16 croquettes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare dip by stirring together mayonnaise, wasabi sauce, mustard, and honey in a small bowl.
- Line a plate with paper towels. In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add croquettes and fry until golden brown on all sides, about 12 minutes total. Transfer to the prepared plate.
- Serve on a large platter with dipping sauce.
Yield: 16 croquettes, 8 servings