Mommy loves no-utensil meals + kids love drumsticks = this fab meal. Big kids, like Hubby and me, never outgrow loving these drumsticks with a bright, sassy kick. I have to buy the “ family pack” of chicken when I make these. Even if you don’t have a busload of kids, you’ll need the family pack too ’cause they’re soooo good.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 Drumsticks ServingsServings
- 1 12-ounce jar Winn-Dixie peach preserves
- 3 tablespoons Winn-Dixie honey
- 1 tablespoon Winn-Dixie extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Winn-Dixie Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon Winn-Dixie garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup Winn-Dixie sliced frozen peaches, thawed
- Cooking spray
1. Make the marinade by mixing the peach preserves, honey, olive oil, mustard, lemon and lime juices, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; whisk to combine.
2. Place the marinade and drumsticks in a large resealable plastic bag and massage around the chicken to coat evenly. Refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
4. Transfer the drumsticks and marinade to the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is golden and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Serve warm garnished with sliced peaches.
Time-Saver: In a pinch, simply pour on the marinade and bake.
Variation: This marinade works great on a roasted chicken, whole or cut into 8 pieces, as well.