Everyone’s had green bean casserole, pickled beets, and stuffing; show off your creative side vis-à-vis a deceptively easy to make recipe. This seasonal fare is super quick to make and will impress people from first glance. From the earthiness of the sweet potatoes and roasted pumpkin seeds, to the sweet creaminess of the herbed ricotta and cranberries, this dish will be a major hit.
I used Savannah Bee Company’s Wildflower honey, artisanal and reminiscent of Georgia. This robust honey stands up to the piquancy of the herbs and seasonings with ease.
Give these handheld treats a go for your next potluck, quick dinner, or just as a snack. You’re gonna love ‘em.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 ¼ tablespoons Savannah Bee Company’s Wildflower honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- Grapeseed oil
- Ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Extra Wildflower honey for drizzling
1. Herb the ricotta in a small bowl (mix together ingredients under “For Herbed Ricotta”), and refrigerate.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Add sliced sweet potatoes to a large mixing bowl and hand rub each side with grapeseed oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and cinnamon. Rub again.
3. Arrange rounds on a large baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, flip, then bake for another 15 minutes. During last 8 minutes, spread pumpkin seeds on a baking tray and roast.
4. Remove everything from the oven.
5. Plate the sweet potato rounds on serving dish. Place a dollop of herbed ricotta on each, then sprinkle each with roasted pumpkin seeds and chopped cranberries. Finally, drizzle extra Wildflower honey over each.
6. Serve and enjoy!