A fool-proof vegan recipe that even the kids will enjoy! This sweet potato noodle kugel is sure to sweeten your New Year with health and happiness.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5-6 servingsServings
- 3 cups mashed sweet potato (about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 lb rotini pasta, or another bite-size pasta
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- wheat germ for sprinkling
1. Peel and chop sweet potatoes.
2. Cook potatoes until soft.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions.
4. Blend the cashews and water until only a few small pieces remain. Add the cooked sweet potato to the blender to blend with the cashews. Then add the maple syrup, miso, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice.
5. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Sauté the onions in oil and salt until browned, about 10 minutes. Add the potato sauce to the sauté pan to combine with onions.
6. In a large glass baking dish, mix the pasta and onion potato sauce. Sprinkle wheat germ on top. Bake for 25 minutes or until browned.
7. Cool for around 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld.