I love this sweet potato soup filled with the flavor of leeks, hearty and delish. Sweating is a cooking technique by which vegetables are cooked in a small amount of fat over low heat. The vegetables cook in their own juices and soften but do not brown.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts, rinsed, dried, and thinly sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in ¼-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 (32-ounce) box Vegetable Broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, and leeks. Sweat vegetables for 5 minutes.
2. Add sweet potatoes, salt, and cayenne; mix well. Cook for 5 minutes more.
3. Stir in broth and parsley. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Adjust seasoning, if needed.
Serve with Blueberry/Fruit and Cheese Quesadillas