- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6–7 pounds sweet potatoes
- The white part of 1 large leek
- 1 1⁄2 quarts coconut milk
- 7 ounces macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
1. Peel off one layer of the white part of the leek and chop finely.
2. In a large casserole, big enough to fit all the ingredients, heat the olive oil and fry the leek with the salt. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into medium/ small pieces.
3. When the leek is ready with a soft texture, add the sweet potatoes and sauté at a high temperature for a good three minutes, paying close attention to avoid the leek from burning.
4. Add 8 ounces of coconut milk and the pepper until the mix starts boiling, then add just enough water to cover.
5. Once it starts boiling again, cover and let it cook at medium temperature until potatoes are soft (about 40 minutes).
6. Roast the macadamia nuts in the oven, and be careful not to let them burn.
7. Add the nuts and the rest of the coconut milk and blend with the rest of the mixture, not very fine, as we want it to have a little texture.
8. Stir and let it simmer for five minutes before serving
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW