- 8 ServingsServings
- 16 ounce sweet potato -- (yam) 2 small, peeled and diced 1/2"
- 3 tablespoon olive oil -- divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt -- divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper -- divided
- 4 cup farfel
- 1 medium yellow onion -- peeled and finely chopped (6 oz.)
- 2 medium celery ribs -- finely chopped (4 oz.)
- 2 small apples -- peeled, cored and diced 1/4" (mac, Spartan, pink lady)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger -- finely minced
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried apricots -- diced
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 1 large egg
Preheat the oven to 375° F. Toss the diced sweet potato with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. black pepper. Pour onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread out in a single layer.
Roast for 15 minutes, toss and roast for another 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
Place the farfel in a large mixing bowl and add the sweet potatoes to the bowl.
Meanwhile, heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the onion, celery 1 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. black pepper and sweat for 7-8 minutes, until soft.
Add the apples, ginger and cinnamon and cook another 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock and deglaze the pan, then pour everything over the farfel. Add the cranberries and apricots and mix everything together. Set aside for 5 minutes or until the farfel has absorbed the chicken
Add the egg and mix well. Pour the mixture into a baking dish that's been sprayed or brushed with oil and bake for 45 minutes or until the edges start to brown.